Even beautiful, lush, well-maintained lawns can need quick lawn repairs. Whether bare spots and thin areas come courtesy of beloved pets, municipal de-icing trucks or something amiss in soil pH, lawn damage can appear when and where you least expect it. These tips for quick lawn repair can help you get your lawn back on track fast:
When bare spots or thin areas happen in your lawn, you need a guaranteed fix that delivers quick, simple, luxuriant results. Pennington lawn patching and repairing products such as premium Pennington Smart Patch and Pennington One Step Complete have what you need to patch or repair bare spots, fix thin lawns and grow a thick, beautiful lawn spot-free.
With premium Pennington Smart Patch, you can eliminate the guesswork and frustration of lawn repairs. It not only fixes bare spots fast, it works to rejuvenate soil and protect against lawn diseases that leave spots bare. And like all our products, this dynamic pre-mixed product is guaranteed to grow under proper conditions.
Innovative Smart Patch seeding mixtures combine drought-tolerant Pennington Smart Seed grass seed, professional-grade fertilizer, mulch that signals when it's time to water, plus a water-soluble tackifier that works like a blanket to keep seed where you put it — even when planting grass on slopes and hills. But that's not all: Smart Patch also contains beneficial microbials that help restore biodiversity and soil health to make your lawn whole again.
You can also turn to Pennington One Step Complete seeding mixtures for bare spots and repairs as simple as prepare, apply, water and maintain. Like Smart Patch mixes, easy-to-use One Step Complete combines premium Smart Seed, professional-grade fertilizer and color-changing mulch. Simply prep your area and apply pre-mixed One Step Complete according to label instructions. Then get ready to watch your new grass grow.
If your lawn has more than bare spots, Pennington patching and repairing products can still help you turn your thin or damaged grass around. For extended thin areas with less than 25% damage, follow the same simple instructions for bare spot repair. Just apply Smart Patch or One Step Complete at the extended coverage rate noted on the product label.
For larger lawn areas with thinning or heavier damage — or to keep your lawn from growing thin — do what the pros do and overseed. When you overseed with premium Pennington Smart Seed grasses and products such as Pennington Lawn Booster, you're on your way to a thicker lawn with improved drought tolerance, improved disease resistance and significantly lower water needs compared to ordinary grass seed.
Purebred Pennington Smart Seed grasses are drought-resistant, water-conserving, environmentally friendly seed varieties that offer outstanding lawn performance and enhance the sustainability of your lawn. You can choose Smart Seed mixes and blends suited to your region and your lawn's unique conditions, including mixed sun and shade.
Developed through industry-leading research and breeding programs, Smart Seed grasses require up to 30% less water year after year than ordinary grass seed, and stay green up to three weeks without water.
With Pennington Smart Patch and One Step Complete, each premium ingredient is designed and selected for superior performance and ease:
- Superior, purebred Pennington Smart Seed enhances your lawn with all the benefits these top-performing, disease-resistant, water-conserving grass varieties offer.
- Professional-grade fertilizer, specially chosen to optimize bare spot repairs, delivers a stabilized release of nutrients essential to healthy grass growth. This fertilizer continues to feed repaired areas for up to eight weeks after application.
- Natural mulch helps to hold and maintain essential moisture needed by germinating seeds and grass seedlings as they establish. The subtle color change from dark to light as mulch dries out helps remind you to water repaired areas regularly.
- Pennington's exclusive seed technology helps protect seed from common fungal disease that often strikes grass seedlings during their most vulnerable growing stage. This proprietary seed treatment helps grass seed establish faster and grow healthier.
As with Pennington Smart Seed grasses, premium Pennington Smart Patch bare spot repair products can benefit any lawn owner who desires a beautiful, thick, spot-free lawn. Whether you need a backyard makeover fast or you're keyed into the quest for pro-like perfection, four formulas provide you with the options you need to fit your lawn's growing region, grass type and conditions:
- Pennington Smart Patch Dense Shade Mix contains a mix of drought-tolerant, cool-season grasses that thrive in areas with minimal direct sun, including our patented American Ryegrass that's guaranteed to produce quick results. Chosen to meet the challenges of growing grass in shade, these grasses offer improved resistance to lawn diseases and suit medium- to heavy-shade areas that receive two to six hours of direct sunlight each day. You'll see growth in as little as five days and full results as soon as two weeks.
- Pennington Smart Patch Sun & Shade Mixcontains our patented American Ryegrass and additional drought-tolerant cool-season grasses that flourish in areas with variable sun and shade. You'll see growth begin as soon as five days after seeding and see full results in as little as two weeks. This mix of outstanding grass seed varieties suits areas of full sun to medium shade, where grasses receive at least four to six hours of direct full sun per day. It offers superior drought, heat and disease resistance.
- Pennington Smart Patch Tall Fescue Mix contains a blend of adaptable tall fescue varieties that suit a wide range of climate zones. With an added boost from our patented American Ryegrass, you'll begin to see growth in as little as five days and full results as soon as two weeks. Ideal for tall fescue and transition zone lawns, these deep-rooted, disease-resistant, heat- and drought-tolerant grasses suit areas with full sun to medium shade that receive at least four to six hours of sun per day.
- Pennington Smart Patch Bermudagrass Mix contains a blend of resilient Bermudagrass varieties and Chewings fescue that's guaranteed to produce quick results. The warm-season Bermudagrasses produce a thick, traffic-tolerant, disease-resistant lawn with superior tolerance for heat and drought. You'll see growth in as little as seven days and enjoy full results as soon as 22 days after seeding. These sun-loving, southern grasses do best in full-sun lawns that receive eight or more hours of full sun per day.
With Pennington Smart Patch and One Step Complete for all-in-one bare spot repair and Pennington Smart Seed or Lawn Booster for extended overseeding, you can choose the perfect product for your needs. At Pennington, we work hard every day to cultivate the best grass seed products and lawn and garden products so that you can enjoy simple, successful lawn repairs and a beautiful, spot-free lawn.
Always read product labels thoroughly and follow instructions.