Pennington Organic Roma Tomato Seeds
Tomato Roma is a heavy-yielding variety used for preserves, solid-pack canning tomato paste, and puree. The tomatoes have very little juice and mild flavor. Pennington Organic Roma Tomato Seeds produce large, determinate plants that do not require staking and have good leaf cover and disease tolerance.
- USDA Organic
- Heavy-yielding variety with very little juice and mild flavor
- Used for preserves, solid-pack canning tomato paste, and puree
- Large, determinate plants have good leaf cover and disease tolerance
- No staking required
- Does not tolerate frost
- Easy to grow
- Safe for bees
- Sunlight requirements: Full Sun
- Planting depth: 1/4"
- Spacing: 24"
- Plant height: 2-4'
- Days to germination: 7-10
- Days to harvest: 85-90
Start seeds indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4 to 6 leaves, and the weather is warm. Seeds can be sown directly into the garden if the weather and soil are warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.