Pennington Organic Red Acre Cabbage Seeds
Pennington Organic Red Acre Cabbage Seeds produce an early red cabbage with a deep purple color and small, dense round heads that are great for colorful slaws, salads, and cooking. It won�t split when planted in the spring and is one of the best cabbages for winter storage when planted in the late summer for fall harvest.
- USDA Organic
- Early red cabbage with a deep purple color and small, dense round heads
- Great for colorful slaws, salads, and cooking
- Will not split when planted in spring
- Easy to grow
- Safe for bees
- Sunlight requirements: Full Sun
- Planting depth: 1/4"
- Spacing: 18"
- Plant height: 5-7'
- Days to germination: 6-10
- Days to harvest: 75
Start seeds indoors 6 weeks before the last killing frost in the spring. When the plants reach 4 inches tall, transplant them outside. Alternatively, sow them directly outdoors after the danger of frost. Place 2 to 3 seeds together every 1 1/2 feet. Thin to one plant every 1 1/2 feet when seedlings are 2 inches tall.